The China Educational Association of International Exchange (CEAIE) program provides an opportunity for teachers from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the United States of America to live and work in China for twelve months.
Teach in China seeks graduating seniors or alumni with an interest in education and/or China for 12-month teaching placements in China. Successful grantees will be placed at a Chinese school, from elementary to the university level, in locations across China starting August 2019. More than 100 placements may be available for 2019-2020 academic year.
The program is open to citizens of the US, Canada, the UK, New Zealand and Australia between the ages of 20 and 55. Chinese work permit policy requires that these teachers be native speakers of English. Applicants should have obtained a Bachelor's degree by the time their program begins; applicants who already have TESOL certification or 2 or more years of teaching experience are highly desired.
Benefits for those selected for the program include:
- Flights: Round-trip international airfare
- Local transportation: Airport pick-up in Beijing; the first train ticket from Beijing to program school
- Monthly salary: comparable to Chinese teachers' salaries
- Visa: work visa, the visa fee incurred overseas will be reimbursed up to 2,000RMB; the visa fees incurred in China will be covered by the program school
- Insurance: Comprehensive Medical Insurance for Foreigner and Countryman from Hong Kong and Macao no less than 2,000 RMB
- Housing: Free accommodation, including private bedroom, living room (shared), kitchen (independent or shared; if no kitchen, then access to canteen), furniture, television, water heater, refrigerator, washing machine, air conditioning and internet connection.
- TESOL Certification: Those without TEFL/TESOL certification will be required to go through a training leading to being certified TESOL/TEFL instructors.