PAS3 supports outstanding undergraduates as Summer Research Fellows each year in a ten-week collaborative REU program between Columbia and City College of New York. Topics of research encompass two interdisciplinary research groups studying materials composed of atomically precise low-dimensional building blocks: two-dimensional atomic sheets and zero-dimensional molecular clusters.
- $5,000 stipend, campus housing and round-trip travel to/from New York
- Hands-on research in state-of-the-art facilities
- Receive training in laboratory practices and safety
- Faculty/Peer mentoring
- Weekly research seminar series featuring researchers from Columbia University and CCNY
- Exposure to workshops, visits to local industry, recreational activities and networking opportunities
- Open to undergraduates majoring in engineering disciplines, materials science, biology, chemistry, physics and related fields
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply
Summer program dates generally run mid-May - early August.