LankaCorps supports young leaders of Sri Lankan heritage to professionally engage in social, cultural, and economic development activities in Sri Lanka. Each year, The Asia Foundation selects an outstanding group of LankaCorps Fellows to live and work for six months in Sri Lanka.
Fellows will be placed with host organizations identified by The Asia Foundation in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. These individual affiliations will be augmented by an orientation program, language training, and periodic activities with other young leaders. Asia Foundation staff will offer in-country advisory and logistical support for the Fellows during their six-month affiliation.
The fellowship will provide a travel stipend to cover round-trip international airfare, in-country living expenses (including a monthly stipend and housing), and health insurance coverage.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Be at least 21 years of age, and not over 30, on the projected start date;
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree with high academic achievement;
- Have demonstrable leadership skills and civic engagement;
- Be in excellent physical health;
- Be of Sri Lankan heritage; and
- Have limited exposure to Sri Lanka / have not spent their formative years in Sri Lanka.
Candidates in all fields will be considered; however, preference will be given to those whose background and interests are likely to contribute to Sri Lanka’s development.