The CCE Summer Undergraduate Research Program allows undergraduate scientists to conduct supervised research with a faculty mentor working in the field of chemical evolution and origins of life chemistry. Students are trained in research methods, data analysis, and written/oral communication of their results.
Depending on the specific school and advisor you are interested in, your application will be folded into an existing program at that school. The program to which you are assigned will give you the chance to participate in seminars such as how to choose a graduate program, scientific ethics, and careers in science.
- All undergraduate researchers will receive a minimum stipend of $5,000 for 10 weeks of participation.
- You will be provided with campus housing, should you need it. Some students may be given a housing allowance instead (certain advisors only).
- The exact dates of the program will depend on the school/advisor to which you are assigned, but the 10 week session will fall sometime between May 22 and August 1, 2018.
- In order to be eligible, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- While the program is anchored in Atlanta at Georiga Tech, students may also be placed at the University of South Florida, Furman University, or The Scripps Research Institute.