Applications for Data Science for Social Good UK and DSSGx Germany 2022 are now open!
Following the success of the previous Data Science for Social Good initiative in the UK, the University of Warwick has opened applications for the 2022 DSSGx UK summer projects programme. The programme will run over 12 weeks from 6 June to 26 August 2022, and the plan this year is to hold it face to face, at Warwick, Covid-19 permitting.
DSSGx gives aspiring data scientists the opportunity to refine their data science skills through intense training, and by working in small supervised teams on real-world data mining, machine learning, and data science projects. Participants will work with global non-profit organisations and government bodies to make a real-world social impact with their data, by improving their services, interventions, and outreach.
Key points are:
- The opportunity is full-time for 12 weeks, and the programme is an intense experience;
- All selected fellows will be offered a stipend of £4000 for the 12 week programme. In addition, accommodation will be provided, as well as travel to/from Coventry, UK;
- Most of our fellows are late stage undergraduate or graduate students, including PhD students. Having said that, we look at skills, not at the number of university years;
- Feedback from previous participants is exceptionally positive;
- The recruitment process involves completing the application form and, if selected, two rounds of interviews, looking at technical competencies in addition to finding out more about each selected applicant;
Find out more and apply online via: Data Science for Social Good (warwick.ac.uk/dssgx)
Students who have a passion for data science, care about the social good, and love to work in an international team of top talent, are invited to apply by 14 February 2022 at: 12:00pm GMT / 7:00am ET. The timing of the deadline is automated and we therefore encourage students to apply early before the deadline.
For any questions around the program, application, and selection check the FAQs at DSSGx UK 2022 - Frequently Asked Questions (warwick.ac.uk), For any questions that aren’t addressed by the FAQs, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org (noting the team will be on winter break from Thursday December 23 until they return on Tuesday January 4).