Summer Neuroscience Program
Spend your summer with us!
- Receive a full-time stipend, plus money for your lab
- Build critical soft skills for life after Duke
- Work one-on-one with faculty to jump-start your research
Duke's Summer Neuroscience Program is an 8-week summer program enabling you to conduct full-time research to jump start your Graduation with Distinction senior thesis. Full-time participants receive a $3,500 stipend, and mentors receive $1,000 towards their discretionary fund. You may also elect to take one summer school course during term I or II; you obtain $1750 and your mentor receives $500. Once your potential mentor is identified, you will need to collaborate with them to complete and submit an SNP application. Check out the DIBS faculty network and the Psychology & Neuroscience faculty page to locate a mentor.
Program for summer 2024 to be confirmed by mid-January, pending notification of funding.
- Applications for Summer Neuroscience Program will go live Dec. 11th, 2023
- February 2nd, 2024 applications close
- March 1st, 2024 Acceptance notifications out (at the latest)
- Program will run June 3rd-July 26th, 2024
Application topics may include:
- Personal Information: name, Duke email address, class year
- Experiences: previous lab exposure, other neuroscience courses
- Future Plans: anticipating Graduation with Distinction, post-graduation plans
- Research Plans: mentor's name, department and Duke email address
Applications are closed for summer 2024. Dec '23 applications will open.
Questions? Contact Tyler Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please DO NOT fill out the form to just see what is being asked and then write to Tyler to delete the submission; this potentially will make you ineligible. We take this application process seriously.