Considering applying to the Rhodes, Fulbright, Knight-Hennessy, or Luce? Curious if you would be a competitive candidate and interested in learning how to add a competitive edge to your application(s)? Do you have questions about the application process or are you unsure where or when you should start developing your written materials?
THIS SUMMER, join URF for a weekly exploratory conversation highlighting one fellowship each week! In each session, URF Fellowship Advisors will focus on one opportunity by diving into its unique identity, providing pro-tips on strengthening your candidacy, advice in developing application materials that offer a competitive edge, and help candidates brainstorm and workshop essay content. We will also discuss the various (and equally important!) supplemental materials required for each (e.g. letters of recommendation, affiliation, resumes) and consider strategic approaches to strengthening these materials.
Attendees are strongly encouraged to bring questions, wherever you find yourself in the application process, as each 'Fellowship Friday' will provide plenty of time for Q&A too!
all sessions will be held on Friday from 12:30pm - 1:30pm EST, virtually on Zoom:
- May 7, 2021: Demystifying Graduate Admissions: Panel and Q&A
- May 14, 2021: Learning from Failure: Faculty Panel Discussion
- May 21, 2021: Prestigious Fellowships for International Students
- June 4, 2021: The Rhodes Scholarship
- June 11, 2021: The Marshall Scholarship
- June 25, 2021: The Mitchell Scholarship
- July 9, 2021: The Churchill Scholarship
- July 16, 2021: Personal Statement Workshop
- July 23, 2021: The Fulbright US Student Program, Study Research Awards
- July 30, 2021: The Fulbright US Student Program, English Teaching Assistantships (ETA)
- August 6, 2021: Knight-Hennessy Scholars
- August 13, 2021: Gates-Cambridge Scholars
- August 20, 2021: Fellowship Opportunities within Foreign Affairs
- This session will highlight the Rangel International Affairs, Pickering Foreign Affairs, Payne International Development, James C. Gaither Juniors Fellows for Peace at the Carnegie Endowment, and Foreign Affairs Information Technology (FAIT) Fellowships
- August 27, 2021: Luce Scholars