We support Columbia undergraduates and alumni in exploring and applying for internal, national, and international fellowships. We inform students, faculty, and staff about a full range of opportunities and help students determine which programs best meet their intellectual, professional, and personal goals. Our services also help students:
- represent themselves at their best throughout the application process;
- develop confidence in articulating and pursuing their aspirations; and
- explore other avenues to achieving goals they discover are truly meaningful.
- Please only make one appointment with one URF advisor at a time; you can make your next appointment once you have attended the previous one.
- We are available to meet with you to discuss application materials, and to give feedback on personal statements or other components of the application. Currently enrolled students should plan to make an appointment to go over their materials (these appointments can be over the phone, by Skype, or in person).
- You should plan on submitting any written materials at least 24 hours before your advising appointment.
- Please note that walk-in appointments are reserved for shorter conversations, and are not an optimal time for reviewing written materials.
- We know that developing application materials is a process that requires multiple drafts, and we are happy to read up to two versions of your materials as you develop your candidacy.
- If you have any questions about these guidelines, please do not hesitate to be in touch!
Please note: Barnard College students should visit Beyond Barnard for information on opportunities and advising.