URF is hosting a series of information and workshop sessions that explore the various parts of the application process. Students are invited to learn more about tailoring a resume or CV for a specific opportunity, crafting an impactful personal statement, garner a better understanding of the concept of leadership, and much more.
There is no specific order for the sessions below. Students can join one or all based on what interests them.
- The Personal Statement
- Thursday, February 11 | 1:30-2:30 PM EST/NYC
- The personal statement is a genre unto itself! This session will present approaches for thinking creatively and purposefully about how to write about your experiences, motivations, and goals within a fellowship application essay.
- A Research Proposal
- Tuesday, February 23 | 3:00-4:00 PM EST/NYC
- Join URF advisers for a conversation exploring the content and formatting for composing a strong research proposal. Recommended for students of all years.
- Writing About Leadership
- Wednesday, March 17 | 2:00-3:00 PM EST/NYC
- Join URF in an exploration of leadership, both in concept and self-presentation. Throughout this session, you will have the opportunity to identify the traits of a strong leader and learn how to articulate your leadership experience, both in essay format and in your resume.
- Writing About Ambassadorial Potential
- Wednesday, April 21 | 1:00-2:00 PM EST/NYC
- What is ambassadorial potential? This workshop will explore the varied meanings of this term, and what selection committees are looking for when they ask students to write about it.
Visit Events to see all upcoming sessions for Spring 2021.