Columbia Business School will be seeking outstanding applications for the Summer Research Internship program. The highly selective program provides an intellectually stimulating environment and exposes the students to the world of business research. Several of the top interns have gone on to leading MS and PhD programs in Management, Marketing, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, and Data Sciences, and many have been selected to join CBS full-time as a Research Associate.
Under the guidance of Columbia Business School's leading faculty, interns will take an active role on a research project in one of the following areas: finance, economics, marketing, management, decision sciences, operations, accounting, and data analytics.
This is a multi-disciplinary program and candidates from all backgrounds, including business, statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, the physical sciences, and the social and behavioral sciences are encouraged to apply.
Prospective interns must have the following qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for research and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics and/or econometrics
- Strong programming skills are required for most projects
- Familiarity with statistical and computational software packages (such as Matlab, R, STATA), scripting languages such as Python, or general programming languages
- Behavioral projects require knowledge of SPSS and experience in performing psychological experiments and coding tasks
The internship program is designed for undergraduate students in their sophomore or junior year and first year Masters students. Exceptional students from other classes are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The program typically runs from the end of May through early August. On-campus housing and a stipend will be provided.