UPDATE RELATED TO NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Due to current restrictions in place for all travel organized, led, or financed by Columbia University, the Columbia College Senior Thesis Funding is not accepting applications that include travel related expenses. Students with non-travel related expenses may apply for funding.
Columbia College is able to provide a small research fund to Columbia College students conducting approved research for their senior thesis.
All funds are provided on a reimbursement basis. Students with approved applications will receive a notification from Undergraduate Research and Fellowships. This notification will confirm the awarded amount and contain detailed instructions on how to submit expenses for reimbursement.
Students can apply for funding up to $250. In exceptional cases, additional funding can be awarded. If a student requires additional funds that exceed $250, they must include a detailed explanation under "Optional Additional Information" in the application. The Faculty Adviser must also confirm in their approval that additional funds are necessary for the proposed project. If special permission is given, the award will not exceed $500.
Eligibility is limited to current Columbia College students.
Please note the following steps regarding the process for requesting this funding:
- Complete the online Columbia College Senior Thesis Funding Application. (Please note that this link will not be live after the deadline has passed.)
- Advise your Faculty Adviser that they must sign off on your project via the link which will be sent to their email. This email will contain additional instructions for your adviser. If they have any questions or issues, they may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis between now and the deadline indicated on the application website.
- Students with approved applications will receive a notification from the Undergraduate Research and Fellowships. This notification will confirm the awarded amount and contain detailed instructions on how to submit expenses for reimbursement.
- Please note that if you submit receipts more than 120 days after the expenses occurred, your reimbursement will be both delayed and taxed. It is important, therefore, to submit your reimbursement requests promptly. You may submit multiple reimbursement requests.
- All seniors approved for senior thesis funding must submit their final reimbursement paperwork no later than 21 business days before graduating to be eligible for payment.