- First Fall: Sophomores and juniors apply for the program and Global Thought Scholars are selected and announced.
- Spring: Global Thought Scholars enroll in CGTH UN3600: Approaches to Global Thought to investigate transdisciplinary approaches to contemporary questions and develop collaborative research projects.
- Summer: Global Thought Scholars receive stipends to conduct research with their project teams.
- Second Fall: Global Thought Scholars participate in a Symposium where they will present their completed projects.
- Throughout their time, Global Thought Scholars will benefit from close faculty mentoring and activities with their cohort in Global New York.
- Membership in a diverse cohort of globally-minded students
- Mentorship from Global Thought faculty
- Training in transdisciplinary thinking and teamwork with the aim of developing a broader horizon of understanding and engagement than a conventional major alone can provide
- Opportunity to engage in collaborative work on projects that aim to have an impact beyond the university
- Activities in Global New York City
- Summer research stipends
- Apply in their sophomore and junior years
- Complete the application and upload a resume and transcript (unofficial is fine)
To apply for the 2024 Global Thought Scholars program, complete this application by Sunday, October 15th at 11:59 P.M.
Please email the CGT Student Affairs and Program Manager, Farryl Last, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.