The Northeast Regional Alliance (NERA) MedPrep HCOP Academy Program is a partnership between Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai's Center for Multicultural and Community Affairs, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons, Manhattan-Staten Island Area Health Education Center.
The program is open to New York City and New Jersey resident college freshmen and sophomores interested in attending medical school. MedPrep is a 3 year summer commitment designed to give students an opportunity to develop key skills and competencies that are important to success on the road to medical school.
- Participate in programs at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Stipend support
- No Application Fee
- MCAT Prep
- Clinical and Research Experience
- Academic Counseling and Mentoring
- Cultural Competency Education
To be eligible for the NERA MedPrep Program, an applicant must
- be a resident of one of the 5 (five) boroughs of New York City, Long Island or Westchester county or a resident of New Jersey and a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. This is a non-residential program. (Please keep in mind the classes will start as early as 8:00 am.)
- be a college freshman or sophomore
- be in good academic standing
- have completed college chemistry (I, II or both) and English composition (I, II or both) (only New Jersey residents)
For additional information about the program and application requirements visit HCOP.