The Institute at Brown for Environment and Society (IBES) is a leading interdisciplinary institute addressing the grandest environmental challenges facing 21st-century society, located at Brown University in Providence, RI.
The IBES-Leadership Alliance Summer Research Early Identification Program is a fully paid 9-week summer internship. Selected students receive a competitive stipend, housing, and travel. The program pairs advanced undergraduate interns studying Environmental Science or Studies with an IBES faculty mentor to receive one-on-one training in academic research. Examples of research projects are highlighted here.
Students will work full-time on an individual research project and are expected to complete a research proposal and create a poster for presentation at the Leadership Alliance National Symposium. Students will also participate in weekly activities with other IBES-LA students, which include research seminars, professional development events, GRE preparation, and weekly excursions.
Applicants must possess the following:
- Be enrolled full-time in an accredited public or private college or university in the U.S. or its territories as recognized by the US Department of Education.
- Be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Completed at least two semesters and have at least one semester remaining of their undergraduate education by the start of the summer program
- Demonstrated interest and potential to pursue graduate study
- Documented US citizenship or permanent resident status