The Island Institute’s Island Fellows Program places college and master’s degree graduates in Maine’s coastal and year-round island communities for one to two years. Fellowships provide a unique opportunity for recent graduates to apply their skills and gain experience helping to build sustainability within communities whose way of life and identity face many challenges.
The Island Fellows Program provides support for Maine’s island and coastal communities by strengthening capacity for the local management of historical, cultural, natural, economic, and information resources as well as assisting in local research, planning, education, and technology projects.
The Island Fellows Program provides support for the Island Fellows by:
- Offering enriching professional development opportunities for recent college graduates
- Building professional experiences and networks for Fellows looking to live and work in Maine
- A baccalaureate or graduate degree within the last five years;
- Demonstrated interest and experience in a relevant field;
- The ability to work in the United States.