The Multicultural Innovation Lab, supported by Morgan Stanley, is an intensive 6-month accelerator designed to help build and scale startups, culminating in a showcase presenting each company to the investor community.
The Multicultural Innovation Lab targets early stage technology and technology-enabled startups with a woman or multicultural founder, co-founder, Chief Technology Officer or other member of C-suite. We consider early stage to be within Seed to Series B funding rounds.
Successful applicants will be provided with:
- Cash contribution from Morgan Stanley in exchange for equity interest
- Workspace at Morgan Stanley's headquarters in Times Square
- Connections to Morgan Stanley and external partner networks
- Opportunity to pitch to the influential investor community
- Curated content across a variety of speakers and topics
Ideal candidates will have the following characteristics:
- Multicultural or woman founder, co-founder, Chief Technology Officer or other member of C-suite
- A startup that is technology or technology-enabled and within the Seed to Series B funding rounds
- Has successfully raised Friends and Family, Angel or Seed Rounds
- Launched product with demonstrated revenues that provide initial validation of business model and market opportunity
- A commitment to be based full-time at our headquarters for the duration of the program