The Tillman Scholar Program unites and empowers remarkable military veterans and spouses as the next generation of public and private sector leaders committed to service beyond self. The fellowship supports Tillman Scholars with academic scholarships, a national network, and professional development opportunities so they are empowered to make an impact in the fields of medicine, law, business, policy, technology, education and the arts.
The scholarship assists with academic expenses, and can be used for tuition and fees, living expenses, and books. Tillman Scholars can expect an average award of $10,000. Read their Application One Pager and explore profiles of the Tillman Scholars to see what distinguishes their most successful applicants. Questions? Review the FAQs.
- Veteran and active-duty military service members
- Pre-and post-9/11 service eras
- From all branches of the U.S. Military including National Guard and Reserve
- Current spouses of veterans or active-duty service members, including surviving spouses
- Service members or spouses pursuing a degree as a full-time student:
- Undergraduate (Bachelor’s or above)
- Graduate or professional degree
- At a public or private, U.S.-based accredited institution